The nppColdFusion plug-in no longer works as of Notepad++ 6.x.x. The notepad++ folks changed the way plugins hook into the app. Ben Blumel stopped developing nppColdFusion in May 2012. If you use the installer links and instructions below for the earlier Notepad++ version, everything still works.
I have been a devoted user of Textpad for several years as a quick alternate to Dreamweaver, but have been frustrated lately with its 60+ second load time when using network paths. I was reading an article about Adobe Edge today and noticed a number of people mentioning Notepad++ in the comments, so I decided to check it out. Tweaking it for my needs was not 'out of the box'. So this is a recap of what I did:
Download the following:
nppColdFusion plug-in (Ben Blumel)
Download Page: https://bitbucket.org/bbluemel/nppcoldfusion/downloads
sqlLite dll (Required by nppColdFusion)
Download Page: http://sqlite.org/download.html
- Install Notepad++ (this is straightforward)
- Extract nppColdFusion.dll from nppColdFusion-0.7.1.zip and place it in the %programfiles%\Notepad++\plugins folder
- Extract nppColdFusion.db3 and nppColdFusion.xml from nppColdFusion-0.7.1.zip (/Config folder) and place them in the %appdata%\Notepad++\plugins\config folder
- Extract sqllite3.dll from sqllite-dll-win32-x86-3070701.zip and place it in the %programfiles%\Notepad++ folder
- Open (or Restart) Notepad++
...but if you're like me, you might like to see a directory tree on the left.
Configuration (Directory Tree)
- Click [Plugins] --> [Plugin Manager] --> [Show Plugin Manager]
- If you are behind a proxy, open a CMD.exe window as administrator and execute the following:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\updater\gup -options
- Enter proxy and port information and click [Ok]
- In Plugin Manager, click settings.
- For authenticating proxy, enter proxy address in the format: username:password@proxyaddress and click [OK]
- Scroll down to "Explorer" and check it. Click [Install]
- When prompted, click [Ok] to restart Notepad++. When Notepad++ comes up, the file tree is hidden by default.
- Click [Plugins]. Notice that [Explorer] is now an option
- Click [Plugins]-->[Explorer]-->[Explorer...] and the file tree appears