- Pluralsight "One ASP.NET From Scratch" by Jesse Liberty and Jeff Fritz.
- Microsoft "Getting Started with ASP.NET MVC5"
MVC 5 Books
- [RELEASED!] Apress "Mobile ASP.NET MVC 5" November 2013
- [RELEASED!] Apress "Pro ASP.NET MVC 5" (Adam Freeman) January 2014
- As of January 2014, the kindle version is about $28 compared to around $50 for the print version!
- [RELEASED!] O'Reilly "Programming Microsoft ASP.NET MVC, 3rd Edition" (MVC 5) Coming
January 2014. February 2014.
- [RELEASED!] Wrox "Professional ASP.NET MVC 5" Coming
March 2014. May 2014. June 2014August 2014
- RELEASED Apress: "Beginning ASP.NET MVC 4" June 2013
- RELEASED Apress "Pro ASP.NET MVC 4" December 2012
What I like most about these books is they both take a real world scenario and build it out completely, explaining details in a way that video tutorials can't. It is not easy for a novice to translate the MVC 4 examples to MVC 5, but if you build for MVC 4 in Visual Studio 2013, you can follow along with the MVC 4 books almost exactly.
2/10/2014 Removed most of my editorial blather.
4/14/2014 Wrox publish date bumped out yet again.
8/6/2014 Wrox finally released their book. I have changed language stacks to ColdFusion/Java, so this is the last time I will update this page or my ASP.NET content.