Monday, August 5, 2013

It's 2013... Time to Cancel my MySpace Account

Time to say goodbye to MySpace? Go here: https://new.myspace.com/settings/profile

I'm in the process of tidying my online presence. Imagine my surprise when out of nowhere, my ancient, disused MySpace profile drifted into the top ten of natural search results for my name! I suppose this is a sign that MySpace is improving its overall visibility as a social network since their relaunch in June 2013. Good for them! Still, I have my hands full with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+, so it is time to say goodbye.
image
The new look is very inviting. I wish I were interested enough to ride the learning curve, but I just want to cancel my account.
I spent a few minutes clicking around, looking for the exit before turning to Google. Most of the "cancel myspace account" results on Google like were for the old layout. Fortunately, I found "Delete Your Account" on AskMySpace.com

The page is pretty short, but if you just want to cut to the chase, you can delete your account here:
https://new.myspace.com/settings/profile

No hard feelings, MySpace. Maybe we'll hook up down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment